Monday, June 8, 2009

What we've been up to!

So much has been happening, I don't even know where to start! We finally moved to Rock Springs, WY to be with Bryan, and let me just say it has been WONDERFUL being with him again! He's helping me SO much with Tiffany and I can get a lot more done! His days off are a lot more fun because we don't have the stress of travel and he isn't as tired, since he gets to sleep longer. I haven't really been able to decide what I think about Rock Springs, I've been mainly unpacking and trying to make this tiny apartment work for us, but I do love having a super Wal Mart close by and a lot more options for restaurant. I haven't been to the mall yet, but I look forward to it...everything is pretty close to where we live, so I can just go whenever I want! I did notice how different the people are here compared to Rexburg...we really did live in a bubble! People aren't nearly as nice, and I'm having to get used to that! I know I'm gonna have a hard time not knowing many people here, not having my friends close by to just hang out sometime, but I have my little family together and that makes up for a lot!

Our last days in Rexburg were just hectic! I got food poisoning the last week, and the only thing that gave me strenght to clean, finish packing, and take care of Tiffany was prayer. I seriously am SO thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the strenght when I needed it most. I love knowing that when I don't have anywhere else to go, I can go to Him and He will help me! Then after that Tiffany got some virus and kept throwing up and had diarrhea for about 10 days....right when we moved to a place with no washer and dryer. She was also waking up about every two hours for a few days and I was getting just worn out. Bryan would come home at 5 am and stay with her so that I could get some more sleep! She is finally getting back to normal though.

Oh yeah, and just as I foresaw Tiffany started crawling two days before we moved to this apartment with a gross carpet and floor. I totally knew that was gonna happen too. Just two days after she turned 8 months I thought I saw her move a little bit, but I wasn't sure. So when I got to Bear Lake to meet Bryan we were sitting on the couch and she was playing on the floor...she started whining because she wanted to come to us, and slowly she started moving, until she crawled all the way to where we were. You have never seen two prouder parents! I just realized a little too late that I didn't have the camera with me at the moment, so we had to replay it later to get it on camera. It's only been a week since she started, very slowly, and now she will go EVERYWHERE and really fast. Her favorite places are all the "keep out" places for her, so we spend all day chasing her back to her play area! I also try to keep this place as clean as possible, but her favorite place to be is the kitchen floor, the most high traffic place in the house! She is CONSTANTLY moving around, and I'm not even kidding. She climbs her toys, from one to the other, she will walk all the way from one couch to the other, and to my shelves, and magazines, and uau, I just get worn out at the end of the day! She even moves in her sleep. She wakes up on the other side of her crib facing down. I don't know where she gets so much energy, but I can see I'm going to just get more and more busy and she becomes more mobile (if that's even possible!

I'll try to post as many pictures as I can... ENJOY!

Tiffany helping in the packing process (actually she just wanted to be pushed around in this box by her Grandma). A Tiffany ajudando a empacotar...na verdade ela soh queria ser arrastada nessa caixa pela vovo Chris.
Se despedindo da amiguinha Isabelle. Saying goodbye to her friend Isabelle.Going for a ride on the carousel at Porter Park, Rexburg. Passeando no Carrousel quando ainda estavamos em Rexburg.She held on to mommy the whole time, but I think she enjoyed it. Ela segurou a mamae o tempo todo, mas acho q ela curtiu o passeio.Conhecendo o Splash Park, ela morre de medo de agua que mexe (torneira, chuveiro, entao claro q ela nao curtiu esse parque!) Hanging out at the Splash Park, and since she's scared of any falling water (like sink, shower) of course she hated this park.Saying good bye to her friends from the Spanish Branch Eli and Sadie. Se despedindo dos amiguinhos do ramo espanhol Eli e Sadie.Curtindo os ultimos dias com o priminho. Enjoying her last days with her cousin.Snack time! Hora do lanchinho!Se despedindo do titio Johan. Sem ele a gente nao teria conseguido terminar td que tinha pra terminar e ir embora. Saying good bye to uncle Johan. He was a HUGE help.Tiffany and her first move. A primeira mudanca da Tiffany.Comecando a explorar sua nova abilidade, agora ninguem segura! Starting to explore her new ability.Bath time is fun time! Hora do banho eh hora de bagunca!I have to be careful with everything that is within reach now! Eu tenho q tomar cuidado pra nao deixar nada perigoso onde ela pode alcancar.Agora eh uma arte... Now is one thing...Depois da outra! After another!She moves even in her sleep. Ela se mexe ateh quando estah dormindo.E jah acorda pronta pra aprontar. And wakes up ready to play!Hanging out with daddy and his cool iphone. Curtindo o papai e seu iphone.

10 comments:

Paty said...

Yay! Glad to hear that things are finally getting back to normal for you and that your little family is doing well. Hey, from the pictures, the carpet doesn't seem too bad, at least not as bad as the one in Montpelier, yuck!

Anyway, now that you are settling down, and you are closer to Salt Lake you guys should come over for a weekend and hang out. We've got a new grill so we can make some yummy carne asada or churrasco. I've been wanting to take the girls to the zoo, so maybe we can go there as well.

Aline Carson said...

Nossa, que linda que a Tiffany ta, toda espertinha!!! E esse negocio de nao parar quieta eu totally hear you, o Eric ainda nao esta engatinhando, mas soh pra vc ter uma ideia, demora uns 10 min pra eu conseguir por roupa nele, eh simplesmente impossivel!!! Ele fica se virando o tempo todo e nao deixa a gente virar ele de volta, eu fico super cansada depois de dar banho e trocar esse muleque. Mas tb n vejo a hora de ele engatinhar eu acho tao fofo! Sabe oq eu vou fazer q eu acho q vc tb podia fazer ja que o carpete eh sujo e tal, eu vou comprar um tapete de borracha aqueles bem grandes sabe que encaixa tipo um puzzle e aih vc pode comprar uma gate pra ela pra fazer ela ficar soh no play area dela qdo vc tiver fazendo as coisas tipo limpando, cozinhando, etc. Aih eh soh make sure que ta seguro td pra ela la dentro e deixar um espaco bom tb pra ela move around tal. Mas eh oq eu vou fazer pq aqui tem mta poluicao e pega mto po tb. E eu acho q depois que o Eric comecar a engatinhar ninguem segura tb pq genteee ele eh mto curioso, quer pegar de tudo, comer d td.
Mas eh uma delicia mesmo, nossa, fiquei chocada de ver que a Tiff ja tem tanto dente, que linda gente...Como eles crescem, eh incrivel, neh? Parece que foi outro dia que a gente descobriu q tava gravida e tal.
Mas eh isso. Td d bom pra vcs aih em Rock Springs, espero q de td certo e soh pelo fato de ter um super walmart e um shopping ja eh bem melhor q rexburg..And we really did live in a bubble!!!!! ;)

Megan and Erik said...

Cute pics! Your little girl is getting so big and crawling thats so cool. I didnt know you guys moved! Moving sucks and especially when you arent feeling good, Im sorry. I hope you guys like it. We are going to be moving again shortly too and Im not looking forward to it. Anyway to answer your question about P90X we have a few friends that have had great results and we both wanted to try it. We could have just copied it from some friends but we decided to just buy it and do everything it says cuz there is like a diet guideline which is really just suppose to help you because there are different stages in the program where you need more energy than others. Anyway we bought it for $140 and then a pull up bar we bought for $36 on ebay and then you should get dumbells which we dont have yet. So we havent started yet based on that but we are excited to try it out. When we do I will let you know how it goes cuz our friends say it kicks your butt. Anyway sorry for the novel.

Kami said...

I didn't even know you were moving. Good luck in Rock Springs!!! I'm sure you'll meet good people in your ward, and I'm sure it's great to have your family together. The next book I'm going to read is "The Hunger Games." I read the first chapter online, and I'm hooked.

Mama Baer | 1.2.3.4.5 said...

vc tem que me mandar essas fotos do Thominhas e da Tiffany... e tb o video dele batendo palminha!!! Eu ainda nao conesgui pegar ele acredita?!
Pode me falar o que vc quer pro teu background que eu faco.. isso 'e uma coisa que da pra fazer deitada entao... 'e so mandar. Diz o kit la do site e o estilo que vc quer que eu faco...
entra no msn quando puder ai vc pode me falar tb.
bjos

nella said...

I am so sorry to hear about you feeling awful! Prayer helps so MUCH! Your little sweety is looking more like a little girl than a baby. What a sweet-heart! Rock Springs!! You will have to go visit White mountain and see "the wild horses" that they have on top. The have a lot of desert animals. Good luck! Remember the name McCort. That is my family! My aunt and uncle.

Paty said...

It would be better to get together on the weekend cause Glen works weekdays. If you guys wanted to come during the week that's fine too but Glen wouldn't be able to hang out w/ us. Maybe we can plan the outing to the zoo on a Saturday. Tell me what you think.

Harris said...

It was fun to see what you have been up to! Good luck with your new location...change is fun :) Welcome to the club of crawlers! They keep you on your toes CONSTANTLY!

Celia said...

I love the way Tiffany smiles!
That's great that she started crawling. I hope that everything is going well and that you could get used to the place soon.

Juan, Krystal and Belen said...

She is so cute. I am so happy that you are finally with your hubby. that must have been so hard to be apart for so long. She is getting so big I cant believe that she is already crawling wow. Well I am glad that all is well.