Friday, January 14, 2011

Playing hairdresser

Tiffany's hair was getting really long, especially her bangs, and I just didn't think that it was worth it to pay $10 for someone to make a couple of cuts here and there. I have never cut hair before in my life, not even my dolls' hair! So I was definitely anxious about it!Here is just a random picture from the "before". It was mainly to show how she likes to arrange her magnets on the fridge...by color! Even the dark and light orange have to be separated!
But here is our set up. I didn't really want to do it in the living room because of the mess, but I knew she would cooperate much more if she had something to watch. So I cover the floor and her with a towel.
Look how long it would get when wet! But this V shaped style really wasn't working for her. The sides would get all spiked up and it would drive me crazy!
I cut about 1-1/2 in off the back and just the ends off the rest. I also did her bangs a little shorter.
I was really pleased with the result. I'm sure it's not perfect, but it's a lot better than it was. I can still play with it but my hope is that now it will grow fuller and more even! I might have to cut it a few more times before it all comes together, but SOMEDAY, she will have long hair for me to braid and do other cute things I can't do right now.

2 comments:

Ellen Nellie said...

Vc é muito corajosa mesmo!!
E ficou otimo!

Fran said...

Ual!! é mto corajosa mesmo!!!!
ficou lindo!! e o bebê? to louca pra saber o que é *r
ahh e mudei de blog! clica lá depois!
franfrancardoso.blogspot
bjokassss