Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things FINALLY slowed down!

Wow...all I have to say is that I didn't think this time would come. These past couple of months have been so crazy with our move back to Idaho that it seemed like it wouldn't have an end in sight. I got really freaked out for a while, thinking we wouldn't get this house in order in time for me to have the baby, but WE DID IT! Well, mostly my mom...she's been AMAZING and there was no way we could've done it without her. I didn't move 1 box...just helped organize things when we got here.
After we got the house unpacked, we worked on the baby's room. Let's just say I didn't rest until I got the hospital bag packed. Now we have everything ready. I bought all the little things he would need coming home from the hospital, organized his clothes and I even washed and cleaned the baby's toys (which he won't need for a while).
But now I'm SO ready to have this baby! I do have to say that moving got my mind out of the pregnancy, which made it go by SO much faster than Tiffany's. Something good had to come out of all this craziness, right?!

We went from having boxes EVERYWHERE...

To BARELY fitting everything in the truck...
To getting settled and having some time to relax.
And my belly kept growing and growing...
In the mean time, Tiffany has learned a few new skills that we are very impressed with. My mom got her a hula hoop and she has a Xuxa DVD that teaches how to use it, so in one night she learned how to use it and she is really good at it! She keeps asking for us to play that song over and over again, but that shows us she is very persistent!

I gave her her first puzzle for Easter and she has been on and off playing with it. Lately she became obsessed with it, so my mom got her a different one that was a little bit more challenging. This Toy Story puzzle got her very frustrated at first because she couldn't do it as well as the other one, but with A LOT of practice, she got the hang of it and now she won't even play with the other one anymore. She will do this one 20 x in a row and she is very fast now. It really amazes us her patience to just sit there and figure it out, but we love it because it keeps her quiet for a while!
There has been so much change in her life lately that she won't do or eat anything she used to. It has been really hard to feed her, because she won't try new things and won't eat anything that she always ate. So we are even having to give her PediaSure to make up for it. We are also having to find new things to keep her entertained. I took a long time to let her play in the sink with the dishes, because I knew once I taught her how, she would be obsessed with it. She could play in the sink all day long if we let her.

Life is good though! This week I'm trying to spend as much time with her as I can because who knows how it will be after the baby is born! I scheduled to be induced this Friday (June 24th). It is my dad's b-day and from the beginning of my pregnancy he's been saying that it was going to be a boy and he would be born on his b-day. I always knew I wouldn't let this pregnancy go over 40 weeks again, and I actually could get induced any day this week, but I knew it would mean a lot to him to wait until the 24th. And it's working out great, because I had time to do everything I needed to before he came and I still have a few days to just relax and prepare myself mentally! I'm SO excited to know that in a few days I'm gonna get to hold my baby.

7 comments:

Paty said...

Glad you guys are settled and relaxed before the baby comes. It's such an exciting time!!! Can't wait to meet little Adam.

Mama Baer | 1.2.3.4.5 said...

To curiosa pra ver como ficou o quartinho com o bedding!

VIVIAN COSTA said...

Que bom que deu tempo de tudo Ady!!! Agora é só curtir a espera. Também quero ver como ficou o quartinho... só tenho quarto de menina por aqui! hehehe.

mas fique tranquila, que a vida nem muda tanto assim com dois, pelo menos não quando é bb é RN..

Estamos orando por você, vai dar tudo certo, e fala pra sua mãe colocar foto dele rapidinho! heheh

beijaoo

Celia said...

I am so excited for you to have your little boy. I love having a boy!.
Audrey, enjoy as much time as you can with Tiffany, I felt a little sad to see how I cannot do as many things with Sadie like I used to.
I am pretty sure Tiffany will handle the new addition very well. She seems very sweet and motherly. :)
I will be waiting to see pictures of little Adam.

Rebeca Price said...

aiii audrey, q legal, vc ja vai ter bebe amanha entao!!! nossa q emocao!!
desejo q tudo corra direitinho. Vou ficar aqui anciosa pra ver fotinhas dele.
beijao

Barbara said...

Ai q delicia!!!Eu tb quero ver o quartinho e o bedding Audrey!!poe fotos!!!!!!!!!!!Eu to super feliz por vc e pela super Saly!q delicia hein???tudo pronto e agora esse nenem maravilhoso chegando! Can't wait to see him!!!!!
Bjus MIL!!!!!!!!e boa hora pra vc...que o Senhor te proteja e vc vai ver q TUDO vai ser mais rápido (e menos traumatizante) dessa vez...vc vai ver!Estaremos orando e torcendo por vc....
bjusssssssss

Ellen Nellie said...

Adorei poder ver atualizações.
Que graça a Tiffany, ela vai ser uma maezinha para o irmão, ela tem jeitinho de que vai ser super protetora.
Prima, estamos torcendo e orando para que ocorra tudo bem no nascimento do Adam!
Estamos na expectativa, aguardando as novidades.
Beijos