
So this is where we went last weekend. Bryan's grandparents on his mom's side had their first family reunion. It was so much fun hanging out with his aunts, uncles, and cousins, but we still didn't get everybody together. The reunion was in Grouse Creek, UT which most of you probably have no idea where it is since it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere with very, very few people still living there. We don't get any cell phone reception there, so you're pretty much isolated from the rest of the world the whole time you're there (except now they have a pretty good internet!). I learned to like spending a few days there (no more than 5 though), since it's a place to relax, slow down and do lots of exploring and off-roading.
We got to spend a lot of time with our nephew Boden, since his parents couldn't go, and we all helped babysit him. He's now 3 yrs old and he could spent all day outside playing. I forgot how much energy these little bodies have! He could jump on the trampoline for hours non stop!

The next day we all went on this really (and I mean really) long off-roading trip trying to find a spot where they could rapell off rocks and we could just hang out and have a fire. But it turned out it was too windy and cold so we kept driving for the longest time on these really bad roads.

One of our stops was at the top of these mountains east of Grouse Creek. It took us about an hour to get there and I was about done with the trip because my baby girl decided she didn't like al the shaking and so she started to move in there like crazy, making it harder for me to stand all the bumps.

But when we got up there we saw this beautiful view of north end of the salt flats. It was the most amazing thing ever! There was mountains everywhere and you could see far in the distance. I love nature! There's so many beautiful things for us to see! But then I got really sore and we had to finish our trip early when everybody else kept going trying to find another spot!

This was my favorite activity. We got everybody together for a Talent Show. It was more for the kids to do something and make us laugh, but everybody had a good time. His grandpa also shared with us some of his poetry that he wrote over the years. I have them all recorded. He was really good. At the end Bryan surprised everyone with a slide show he did for his grandparent's 47th Anniversary. He collected some pictures of them growing up and of their kids as well. It made everybody laugh and cry at the same time.

So I just found this one last picture of the reunion in my camera and I had to add it because it was sure fun! Making smores! We couldn't handle being outside for too long because it was really cold, but we got to play some games and have a good time by the fire!
3 comments:
It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love family reunions! You get to see the family you haven't seen in a while and just do fun activities with them and of course, you can't forget all the yummy food.
I am jealous Juan and I have not gone on a trip in a long time. Sounds like a lot of fun with the family.
We are going to family reunions this weekend too! It looks like you guys had a good time out in the middle of no where :) You look so cute with your belly! How are you feeling? We need to get together for sunday lunch or something.
Post a Comment