Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving week

We had a fun Thanksgiving. We didn't know if we were going to be able to go anywhere until pretty much the day of, but we ended up going to Bear Lake and be with family. The food was DELICIOUS... and that was one of the reasons we went, because if we would've stayed home I would've had to cook Thanksgiving dinner for our little family and I wouldn't even know where to begin! Tiffany had a LOT of fun with her cousin Gage, and now that both are walking, they interacted a lot more, it was cute to watch!
They both loved the pillows on the floor and kept falling on them and on each other...we were all just laughing our heads off watching them.

Aunt Shannon hadn't seen them since they were little babies, so she had fun playing with both of them.
Gage is so tall, he is 2 months younger than Tiff but they are pretty much the same height.
They had so much fun that of course someone had to get hurt. Tiff went to hug Gage who was standing right in front of a corner...well, they both feel down, he hit the back of his head and Tiff got the worst of it hitting it right on her forehead. At first I didn't think she got really hurt, but she was crying so much that I picked her up...when I looked at her again she had this HUGE bump on her head and everybody freaked out! It grew so fast it was scary and I didn't know what to do. We tried to put something cold on it so it would go down but she only left it on for a little bit. Luckily the swelling started to go down pretty fast and the next it was pretty much gone. Needless to say that after that Bryan and I were panicking with every move of hers...
Here's how I can get Tiff to eat more and in turn sleep longer at night: I'm trying to let her eat more by herself. I really don't like dirty babies and dirty kitchen floor, but I'm working on it. SHe really does like to feed herself, now I just need to think of more things she can manage to put in her mouth by herself.
It's been way different packing this time with a toddler around the house trying to play with the boxes and everything that is in the boxes!
Just two days ago we had the Relief Society Christmas Dinner. I was invited to participate in the planning committee and I had a lot of fun. Everybody came together to make this activity a success.
After the dinner we had a presentation, but since I was the one in charge of the curtains and of setting the stage for each part, I didn't get to take pictures, but it was about the Women at Christ's Birth. I had never thought about the perspective that these women had, since they are never really mentioned in the scriptures, but we had the mother of Mary, and the mother of Joseph, and the Inn keeper's wife and a few others talk about their feelings during that occasion. It was a very neat program and it gave me a different perspective to Christmas.

Now about the big changes in our lives right now...we still haven't decided on a place to live. We're been looking at a few places and next week Bryan will go look at some of them and then hopefully we'll find the best one. He starts Monday on his new job, and yesterday was his last day at his old job. Needless to say he is super relieved and excited to do something better. He is going to be in Salt Lake and Heber next week for training and I'll be here doing all the packing and cleaning (YAY :( ). It's going to be pretty crazy, specially because it is right before Christmas. We haven't done anything to prepare for it yet, we haven't even bought any gifts or made any plans yet, so we'll see what will happen. I guess moving will be our best gift right now, and whatever comes with it will be a plus!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que linda a decoração das mesas!!! Parabéns!... Amo você!!!!!!!!!Bjs

Saly said...

Que linda a decoração das mesas!!! Parabéns!... Amo você!!!!!!!!!Bjs

Marti said...

Congrats on him getting a new job!!! It will be great that he gets to be home more!! Good luck with all the packing, I know its not a lot of fun but im sure its all worth it!

Ellen Nellie said...

Ebaaaa!!!
Espero conseguir que tudo de certo pra que vc participe de TUDO!!!
Ai vai ser tao legaaaalll!!!
Venha cheia de ideias hein hehehe. E se prepare para fazer o meu buquê =)
Nao vejo a hora de conhecer a Tiffany! Com certeza vamos nos divertir muito com ela.
Boa sorte com a mudança e todas coisas. Vai dar tudo certo prima!!!
Saudades!
Beijao

Paty said...

It's good to spend Thanksgiving with family, specially eating yummy food. I'm really happy for you guys and the new job. Hope all goes well and you guys find a good place to live. It will also be nice to have you guys closer.

Mama Baer | 1.2.3.4.5 said...

que lindo o cabelinho dela enrolando. o do Thomas tb ta, s'o que s'o atras, entao fica parecendo bumbum de pato sabe? lisinho dos lados e ai bem atras faz aquela voltinha - um piada!

Saly said...

Filha!!! Lindo demais o novo layout do seu blog. Perfeito!!! Bjs.

Sarah Smith said...

Hope you all found a house.. Congrats to Bry on the new job.. And I can't believe how big Tiffany is getting.. Merry Christmas to you all