Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Make your own Valentine's Day Sign.

This year I decided to decorate my house for a lot of the holidays, and one of my favorite is Valentine's Day. I also thought it would be a good way to teach Tiffany about the different things we celebrate, and she loved seeing the house decorated.
I don't have a lot of decorations for Valentine's Day, so I decided to make my own. I went to Porter's and purchased these wood pieces.
 Then I did quite a few layers of red and pink paint to cover the wood well.
 I found this cute paper with stripes that was just right for the colors I was looking for. I glued it on the wood with Mod Podge and right after I applied a layer of it all over the wood.
 I also found in my craft closet this block and these letters, so I went ahead and did the same thing to them and applied Mod Podge over the finished product to give it a glossy look. (it really makes a big difference.)
I waited until they were dry and put them up on my shelf. Cute, huh? And it seriously took me less than 1/2 hour to make it.

4 comments:

Phoenix Luz-Costa said...

Que lindo Audrey! um capricho mesmo...

Fran said...

Que lindoooo! adorei! queria ter uma casa maior pra fazer essas coisas também!!

Rebeca Price said...

ADOREI!! quero fazer tambem!!!

Paty said...

turned out really cute!