Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick or Treat

We had fun this year with Tiffany. She definitely understood a lot better the whole concept and learned pretty quickly that if she said "twick o tweat" she would get candy. The week before Halloween it started snowing, so I knew the temperature was going to drop. I really wanted her to wear her Dora costume, but there was no way I would be able to keep her warm enough in it. So I went to Old Navy and found this adorable Bumble Bee costume that was already at a reduced price, and with my sweet discount got it for way cheap. It was a good thing because all that rain sure made it cold.
If they gave her the option to choose what she wanted, she would stare and the bowl and look for familiar candies or just go straight for the suckers. And then she would pop them right in her mouth. It took a while to get her bag to fill up.

She thought the whole thing was pretty fun, she loved seeing all the other kids dressed up and every time we would go in the rain, she would laugh pretty hard too.
She started to get sugar high pretty quickly and it was like that until the end of the day.
As you can see it rained pretty hard, and it was like that the entire time. It only stopped raining later at night, but then the temperature just dropped. I felt bad for all those trick-or-treaters.
On our way home, I wanted to take her around the neighborhood, but the rained decided to increase, so we just came home and she was content trick-or-treating from our own candy bowl.
I did take her across the street to our neighbors. They have two kids and Tiff loves playing with them. However they were both sick, so we tried to hurry out of there.
I couldn't believe when I found my FAVORITE Brazilian candy in a bag of candies at Wal Mart. Who knew we could find 7 Belo here??? I wonder where I can find more!
I put her back in her Dora costume because she was getting pretty warm and because I wanted to try and take some cute pictures...
Well...that didn't happen! She was just beyond wired up and sugar high. But in the end it was a fun day. We got to spend time together and Tiffany sure had lots of fun!

3 comments:

Celia said...

She looks so cute in both costumes. Dora's costume is so original.
I am glad she had so much fun.

Aline Carson said...

Nossa, 7 BELO?? Caramba!! E olha que engraçado, eu vi lá no all the mommies a Tiff de bumble bee e eu achei que era outra criança pq eu sabia qe a Tiff ia de Dora...Mas eu fiquei olhando e falei, não é possível, essa criança é MTO parecida com a Tiffany, e que eu saiba ela não foi bumble bee ano passado...hahah...Fiquei super confusa! hehe.

Vcs vem aqui no sábado na festinha do Teti, né?

Beijão!

Jenny said...

Audrey amei a fantasia de Dora! :) Muito cute e original! Eu nunca poderia it trick or treating no outlet mall eu ia parar em todas as lojas pra ver se tinha algum good deal! Adorei o novo corte! Amo cabelo curto! :)